Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

MY GRANDMOTHER

I used to live with her when I was 3 until 12. Life was difficult then, my parents decided to let me stay with Nyai (that is what we call her - grnadma in javanese) when I requested so. I was so adamant to leave my parents and followed her home. I was brought up by Nyai and my Uncles & aunties. They were all grown up so I had all the attention I was looking for. They spoilt me rotten with what little they had. I did not learn to ride the bicycle until I was 10. Nyai or my auntie or uncle would send me to school riding on the bicycle. And the school was 2 miles to and fro. I had to leave Nyai when I was accepted to attend a boarding school in Kuantan. She is now in her 80's and still going strong despite her worsening vision. I love you Nyai!



  

0 comments: